If you're using Logic Pro X, most problems can be solved by re-scanning the plug-ins from within Logic.
- Go to the main Logic Pro X menu and select Preferences/Plug-In Manager
- Scroll down the left-hand list and select the Sonnox Manufacturer
- Unavailable plug-ins should be easy to spot, since their Use tick box will be un-ticked
- Select the unavailable plug-ins and click Reset & Rescan Selection at the bottom of the window
If your iLok and licences are set up correctly, the plug-ins should pass the AU validation scan and become available to use. If they don't pass, please read Why doesn't my plug-in show up in my DAW?
If your plug-ins pass the AU validation scan, but you still can't insert them, or you're using an older version of Logic, read on...
Re-setting the AU cache manually
- In the Finder, navigate to Macintosh HD/Users/<your username>/Library/Caches/
- Delete the files
- If you're using macOS 10.9 or above you must now log out, then log in again
- Re-open Logic